Brahmi has several health benefits, which are as follows; reduces blood sugars, boost immunity and power, improves skin health, serves for respiratory benefits, ideal for patients of gout and arthritis,treats insomnia and deals with mental disorder, helps in cognitive boost, treats epilepsy.
Health Benefits of Brahmi :
- Cognitive boost and treats cognitive diseases : One of the most prized benefits of brahmi is its ability to stimulate the mind, particularly in terms of memory and concentration. It has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine to increase focus and increase retention. Some of the organic compounds in brahmi stimulate cognitive pathways in the brain to boost cognitive ability. It has the ability to reduce the onset of cognitive disorders as we age, such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Research has shown that the presence of amyloid compound in neurons is responsible for brain damage. The bio-chemical bacosides compound in Brahmi effectively stimulates the creation of new neural pathways and lowers oxidative stress in the brain, which keeps our minds sharp well into our old age.
- Respiratory benefits : When brahmi is brewed in a tea or chewed as normal leaves, it can seriously boost your respiratory health. It has been used in Ayurvedic treatments for bronchitis, congestion, chest colds, and blocked sinuses. It can clear out excess phlegm and mucus and relieve the inflammation in the throat and respiratory tracts to provide you with rapid relief.
- Boost immunity : When consumed in any form, tea, leaves, or otherwise, brahmi can boost up the immune system. The small amount of nutrients is supplemented by the antioxidant compounds to increase the response time of our immune system against pathogens, viruses, or bacterial infection.
- Treats epilepsy : The leaves of brahmi have been used as a treatment against epilepsy for thousands of years. This is thought to be due to the effect brahmi has on neural pathways, and it helps to prevent epileptic fits, as well as other forms of mental disease, including bipolar disorder and neuralgia.
- Improves skin immunity : Spreading brahmi juice or oil on the affected area , speeds up wound healing and disinfect the skin. It can reduce the appearance of scarring and leave you with smooth, healthy skin enriched with its natural essential oils.
- Reduces blood sugar : Brahmi is known for regulating the blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes and may help improve symptoms of hypoglycemia.
- Ideal for patients of gout and arthritis : Brahmi can be a great remedy that provides relief from arthritis, gout and other inflammatory conditions. It also helps in soothing gastric ulcers and treating an irritable bowel syndrome.
- Treats imsomnia and deals with mental disorders : Massaging the scalp with Brahmi oil helps to overcome sleep disorder, which in turn cures depression, anxiety, tension and stress. It is recommended that a person suffering from such negative domains of health should massage his head every night with this oil. It is helpful with hyperactive children too.
- Brahmi oil has refreshing effects on mind, used as mental tonic that helps in focused concentration, increasing memory power, mental alertness, amnesia and Alzheimer’s. In fact, Brahmi has nitric oxide, which has positive impacts on the brain functioning and mental clarity.
Some directions :
- Drink 60ml per day before meals. This is a health supplement not a medicine. Its benefits may be different to person to person.
- Shake well before use.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- Keep away from direct Sun light.
- Consume within 1 month from the opening of the lid.