Turmeric is not just a quintessential spice in curries, but it has a plethora of health benefits too. Turmeric can be used to treat everything from liver problems to digestive ailments to even ringworm and itching. Curcumin, the main compound present in turmeric has excellent anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antioxidant properties. As a result, turmeric often rivals results produced by anti-inflammatory medicines, while its antiseptic properties make sure that it helps speed up wound and infection healing. The antioxidant properties of turmeric make it very useful for detoxifying the liver and for keeping bad cholesterol levels in check.
Health benefits of Turmeric juice :
- Has anti-inflammatory properties : Curcumin , the main component in turmeric juice, has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, studies have found that it is so powerful that it is capable of matching the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs. Curcumin targets multiple steps in the inflammatory pathway, at the molecular level. It blocks NF-kB, a molecule that travels into the nuclei of cells and turns on genes related to inflammation. Turmeric can thus help combat inflammation.
- Prevention of cancer : Curcumin present in turmeric juice has been found to be very effective in interfering with cancer development in the body. It can also help boost the effects of chemotherapy. It has been noted that this cancer prevention ability of turmeric juice becomes even stronger when used in combination with freshly ground black pepper.
- Helps prevent arthritis : Turmeric's juice anti-inflammatory properties have been instrumental in treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Turmeric also contains anti-oxidants which destroy the free radicals in the body that damage the cells and lead to arthritis. People suffering from arthritis are advised to take turmeric juice on a daily basis.
- Improves digestion : Turmeric juice has several health benefits, suffering from digestive problems can be very effective in successfully treating them. The major components of the spice stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, instantly making the digestive system more efficient. Turmeric has also been known to alleviate symptoms of gas and bloating.
- Helps control diabetes : Turmeric juice has several health benefits, is often used in the treatment of patients who have pre-diabetes to prevent or delay the onset of Type-2 diabetes. This is mainly due to the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds present in curcumin. Turmeric juice helps keep insulin levels in check and also boosts the effects of the medications used for treating diabetes.
- Boosts immune system : Lipopolysaccharide is a substance present in turmeric juice which has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties which help stimulate the human immune system. Not only does it improve the functioning of the immune system, but it is also very helpful in treating colds and coughs.
- Detoxifies the liver : Turmeric juice is capable of increasing the production of certain vital enzymes which detoxify the blood in the liver by breaking down and reducing the toxins. By improving blood circulation too, turmeric juice is instrumental in promoting good liver health.
- Promotes weight loss : Turmeric juice helps accelerate the body’s metabolism rate thus helping the body burn a greater amount if calories, leading to weight loss. Turmeric juice is also useful in reducing fat mass, which is important in diet-induced weight loss. Additionally, since the curcumin in turmeric juice lowers bad cholesterol levels, turmeric can act as the ideal weight-loss supplement.
- Improves skin health : Turmeric juice keeps skin healthy in more ways than one. It helps reduce oil secretion by sebaceous glands, thus inhibiting the growth of pimple-causing bacteria. Long-term usage of turmeric juice on the skin can also clear scars caused by acne. The antioxidants present in curcumin have been known to fight signs of aging such as wrinkles and pigmentation by curbing the growth of free radicals.
- Helps in wound healing : Turmeric juice has excellent antibacterial and antiseptic properties. This makes it extremely useful when used for the purpose of quick and efficient wound healing. Studies have found that turmeric juice is capable of healing wounds completely within a very short period of time.
Some directions :
- Drink 60ml per day before meals. This is a health supplement not a medicine. Its benefits may be different to person to person.
- Shake well before use.
- Store in cool and dry place.
- Keep away from direct Sun light.
- Consume within 1 month from the opening of the lid.